Saturday, March 15, 2014

Results..Relief and then

Jason and I went to the doctor's appointment together. I was extremely nervous, anxious and basically a mess. We were the first appointment of the day, thankfully we didn't have to wait long. Dr Tahira came in and was positive when she told me that my bloodwork was good, normal and in good ranges. Thyroid functioning all good. The ultrasound of thyroid and neck was also "normal" in that the lymph nodes were reactive which she said are reacting to some sort of infection. Jason asked whether she would be putting me on antibiotics to which she said, "no not at this time." All in all, I felt such relief and felt like if the bloodwork is normal, how could something possibly be wrong? Then Dr Tahira did say that the chest x-ray did show a widening of an area called the mediastinum area. This is where the lymph nodes in my chest are. She also said that there could be a simple explanation for this such as positioning, my aorta creating a shadow or unfortunately a mass and/or lymph nodes that are enlarged. So while we left the appointment feeling a sense of relief, we also had another test. A CT scan of my chest.  Jason and I spent the rest of the day together, and for once I didn't have a nagging feeling in my heart, I believed that everything was going to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment