Friday, March 21, 2014

My friends

I received this text from one of my oldest and dearest friends. Someone who taught me how to drive on the back roads in Bloomingdale when I was 15, gave me rides to school in his Mustang, hung out afterschool watching tv, bought me alcohol when I was underage, drove us to baseball parties and came to visit us at lunch time from St Jerome's, we lived almost across the street from each other you were at your grandparents so much, he let me in at Fed Hall in university when it was lined up. We planned our weddings so that we could attend each other's and now I am blessed that his wife is one of my dearest friends at well. We have so many memories, he is part of who I am.

"I just wanted to reach out to you. First I am sorry you have to go through this but I know there is no one in the world more giving, caring, thoughtful than you. What does that mean....you will deal with and overcome whatever is in front of you... and you are not alone. All the people you have impacted are standing with you and that is a powerful force. So if you want to talk about this or nothing about this - I am here. You are one of my oldest and truest friends and I am here to help in any way I can. I hope you know that."

This message is only one of many that I have received over the past week. I am so grateful for the love and support of our friends. The outpouring of love has been overwhelming. Everyone wants to know what we need. I honestly don't know how to answer that. Sometimes I want our friends to say - here we are going to do "this" for you because making decisions is something that I am not good at these days. I just want it to be easier for Jason and the kids. Jason is trying to take care of me, I am not doing a very good job of taking care of him. The kids have been amazing. We are staying afloat and making it through each day. At some point, we will need love, support, drives to hockey and gymnastics, meals for Jason and the kids, a visit. I don't know the when, how or what of what we need. I feel that like we have all we need because we are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and our family in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment