Saturday, May 10, 2014

Smiling Eyes

"Whenever there is a human in need, there is an opportunity for kindness and to make a difference" Kevin Heath

The Smiling Eyes Project is a non-profit group of Professional Photographers offering complimentary photo shoots to people/families facing cancers fight or victory. Over the years, we have had the privilege of having Christine Kufske of Click Photography take our family photos, she is also the founder of Smiling Eyes. We contacted Christine in order to have our family photos taken with Jason's parents. Jason's brave mother Diane has also recently faced a cancer diagnosis and we knew it would be a perfect Mother's Day gift to have our pictures taken as a family. Christine is an amazing individual, putting everyone at ease and capturing the essence of the love we share. I cannot begin to tell you how much this opportunity means to me. It is with great pride that I share some photos from our session. What amazing young individuals our children have grown up to be. I can't wait to see where life takes Cam and Jordan. With such wonderful support and family, I know they will go far. Thank you Christine for giving of your time and gathering other photographers to join you in providing this opportunity. You are making a difference in the lives of others.

I would like to also take this opportunity to thank my own mother for her support and strength she has passed along to me. She is always a quick text or phone call away and I look forward to spending next weekend visitng my parents, at one of my favourite places on earth, Southampton.

I am weathering the storm of my last chemotherapy, there is much predicability and I am prepared for what came my way. I hope that I am on the upswing and can enjoy the coming week before I face it all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment